Eriksen Translations is a woman owned, independent LSP based in Brooklyn, NY, with a footprint that extends throughout North America and beyond. For 36 years, Eriksen has helped clients communicate with domestic and international audiences. Working in more than 100 languages, Eriksen sustains long-term relationships with major companies in finance, insurance, law, creative services, health care, and education, as well as New York city and state agencies, nonprofits, NGOs, and leading museums and cultural institutions worldwide.
With talented staff and an extensive network of linguists, Eriksen has earned an excellent reputation for its commitment to flawless translation and exceptional service, both with its clients and within the translation industry. Over the past two years, the company has experienced exponential growth and has recently been named to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies.
Reporting to the director of production, you will lead a team of project managers and be responsible for the smooth functioning of your group and assigned accounts. You will work closely with the production and sales/client services teams to customize our services and be the bridge that connects our clients, processes, and resources.
Your success depends on your ability to lead a team, multitask, prioritize, work under pressure, meet deadlines, and always maintain meticulous attention to detail. This role requires an excellent communicator, so that you can effectively interact with every member of the production, sales, and client services teams. You must be able to make strategic decisions that take the best interests of both Eriksen and the clients into account.
Manage key accounts and projects
- Take ownership of and serve as the main point of contact for the accounts assigned to your group.
- Manage assigned client accounts from inception to final delivery, utilizing the processes and procedures detailed in our procedures manual.
- Assemble and supervise relevant teams for each project (including appropriate file prep. resources, linguists, DTP/multimedia, and QA specialists).
- Manage the client review process and maintain client reviewer-coordination scheduling records.
- Troubleshoot and help resolve client or quality assurance issues with help from your supervisor and the vendor manager. Manage escalation of client-reported issues with leadership team.
- Customize and improve processes and efficiencies to ensure continuous improvements and growth within the business.
- In collaboration with vendor manager, communicate and negotiate with active vendors to increase Eriksen’s profit margins.
- Proactively evaluate, implement, and monitor quality assurance procedures and controls to achieve maximum utilization of all resources, monitor production costs, and ensure targeted profit margins are met.
Support client services/sales
Collaborate closely with sales and client services team to:
- Nurture new opportunities during new client acquisition and onboarding by participating in client meetings, providing solutions, and establishing customized workflows.
- Maintain established relationships and seek out opportunities for growth and improvement within existing client accounts.
Supervise team of project managers
- Supervise, coach, and monitor project managers to ensure that all team members perform their job responsibilities effectively.
- Provide regular feedback and support to your team via group and individual meetings.
- Conduct periodic performance evaluations and establish measurable metrics and performance objectives for project managers in order to determine appropriate paths for professional growth and development.
- Five or more years of experience in translation project management.
- Experience with multi-media/eLearning projects a plus.
- College degree in linguistics, communication, business, technology, or related field.
- Excellent English oral and written interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of one or more languages, in addition to English, required.
- Strong computer skills and experience with CAT tools (memoQ, Trados) and CMSs (XTRF).
- Flexible, goal-oriented team player who is also able to work independently.
- Embracing of cultural and multilingual diversity in the workplace and in the world.
There are many benefits to a career at Eriksen Translations as you work in a multilingual and multicultural environment. Eriksen’s benefits include health insurance, long-term disability insurance, 401(k) plan, tuition and gym membership reimbursement, and generous time off. In addition to a competitive salary and excellent benefits, you will enjoy a team-oriented atmosphere. Please visit www.eriksen.com for more information.
Click here to apply. Please submit your resume/CV and cover letter along with your salary requirements. Eriksen Translations Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit eriksen.bamboohr.com.