Eriksen Translations is a woman-owned, independent LSP based in Brooklyn, NY, with a footprint that extends throughout North America and beyond. For over 35 years, Eriksen has helped clients communicate with domestic and international audiences. Working in more than 100 languages, Eriksen sustains long-term relationships with major companies in finance, insurance, law, creative services, health care, and education, as well as nonprofits, NGOs, and leading museums and cultural institutions worldwide.
Over the past two years, the company has experienced exponential growth and has recently been ranked as “One of North America’s Top 30 Language Service Providers” by CSA Research.
Eriksen Translations seeks an experienced business development associate to join our growing team. This is a fully remote position for someone based in the New York area that requires excellent communication skills and an eagerness to learn. Once trained, you will use your talents to drive new revenue from our clients’ subsidiaries and portfolio companies, and identify, prospect, and win clients that are focused on creating a more inclusive and equitable world.
In this role, you will be supported by localization veterans and will grow business by identifying prospective clients, building relationships, and initiating and closing sales. Your success depends on your ability to learn; navigate and understand the client landscape; build a strong rapport with prospects; understand their needs and position solutions that will help them achieve their goals; and educate them about Eriksen’s unique value. You will be an integral part of a team that manages client expectations and partners closely with production to provide client-centric solutions.
- Proactively identify new prospective clients or areas of opportunity.
- Source new prospects through email, cold calling, and networking, as well as attendance at appropriate conferences and tradeshows.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with decision makers to establish and grow new accounts.
- Leverage existing client relationships to drive revenue from their subsidiaries and portfolio companies.
- Articulate Eriksen’s offerings and capabilities and identify opportunities to align our services with prospects’ business needs.
- Work with marketing team to develop content and strategies that will effectively engage your target prospects.
- Seek out opportunities to add value and improve the client experience.
- Stay abreast of evolving client requirements and trends in the localization industry.
- Build a productive, quantifiable pipeline and accurately report on all aspects of your business development activities.
- Ensure new opportunities are tracked and closed in a timely manner.
- Keep CRM up to date, ensuring accuracy and transparency.
- Create proposals in response to RFP/RFIs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Growth mindset and a willingness to learn
- Ability to develop strong customer relationships and deliver value to clients
- Detail-oriented with excellent negotiation, problem solving, verbal and written communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent English oral and written interpersonal and communication skills
- Values honesty and integrity
- Embracing of cultural and multilingual diversity in the workplace and in the world
There are many benefits to a career at Eriksen Translations as you work in a multilingual and multicultural environment. Eriksen’s benefits include health insurance, long-term disability insurance, 401(k) plan, and tuition and gym membership reimbursement. In addition to a competitive salary and excellent benefits, you will enjoy a team-oriented atmosphere.
Please submit your resume/CV and cover letter along with your salary requirements here. Eriksen Translations Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit eriksen.bamboohr.com.