Localize is looking for a VP of Sales to join our fast-growing US-based remote team. Our company has proven product-market fit, a small team of Account Executives, and is looking to bring in an experienced sales leader to fuel and accelerate growth. This opportunity is perfect for a sales management professional who has proven experience taking a B2B SaaS company from $3M to $10M in ARR at an ACV of $30-60k.
As VP of Sales, you’ll be given direct responsibility over leading, scaling, and coaching a sales team in a high-growth startup environment. You’ll take ownership over the sales team’s performance and accelerate your team’s success and efficiency through group and individual coaching, frequent/real-time feedback, opportunity strategy development & critique, and account planning. As VP of Sales, you’ll have the opportunity to hire, train, and build out an A+ sales team. You’ll leverage the foundational processes currently in place — including a comprehensive sales playbook, CRM automations, sales strategies, and collateral — to optimize, iterate, and manage a high performing, high growth, and scalable sales operation.
- Manage the existing sales team and actively hire qualified team members
- Accurately forecast on a weekly and monthly basis to help sellers meet and exceed quota
- Work closely with senior management; translate plans and directives from senior management into clear activities
- Understand the hierarchy and culture of customer and prospect organizations and identify the decision makers and influencers
- Understand and act in accordance with economic drivers, including internal and external business dynamics
- Serve as a role model of company culture and embrace our values and ethic
- Coach your team to develop customer management skills like moving stalled deals forward, positioning solutions to customers, and qualifying deals
- Motivate and train the sales force to develop the skills to independently drive and lead sales processes
- Coach, develop and mentor your team of reps to become top achievers and future leaders
- Coach and mentor the team regularly through frequent 1:1 sessions. Follow-up on development discussions through regular reviews and provide feedback
- Conduct group coaching sessions to encourage team work and collective learning
- Actively support the team to proactively build and manage a pipeline of new opportunities
- Help develop and mature the sales department processes, doubling down on tactics that have proven to be successful and iterating where opportunities for improvement are identified
- Help sellers develop strong commercial, technical and business acumen to drive well-informed decisions in a timely manner, even when data is limited
- Proactively anticipate deal-level challenges and roadblocks that can obstruct a new sale, using past experience, customer feedback and peer perspectives
- Empower sellers to align their preferred sales approach with organizational processes to improve pipeline conversions and close rates
- Assess market trends, diagnose root-cause of commercial challenges and identify potential risks for sales processes
- Conduct a deep dive analysis on the issues affecting seller performance and create actionable plans for operational improvement
- Brainstorm with the team to explore new approaches and ideas to position our sales offers
- Apply creative and lateral thinking to innovate on and find solutions for deal problems
- Share improvement ideas and best practices of resolving deal obstacles with the team
- Establish key relationships with other teams as well as with external stakeholders to leverage selling opportunities
- Encourage team and cross-department collaboration and liaise with peers to drive opportunities forward leveraging team members outside of your immediate team
Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven track record as B2B Saas VP of Sales growing revenue from $3M-$10M ARR
- Experience recruiting and building sales team in a high growth startup environment
- Sales management experience for annual deal sizes ranging from $30K-$60K
- Excellent coaching and leadership skills including people development, objective setting and evaluation
- Likes to identify gaps and potential obstacles and has a passion for problem solving through collaboration
- Employs creative techniques to motivate the team to produce new approaches and ideas to overcome obstacles in the sales process
- Encourages an inclusive, collaborative and interactive team environment
- Communicates effectively with the ability to network and influence various stakeholders and manage team conflict
- Knows how to empower the sales team to judge situations and use their preferred approach for pursuing a deal
- Strong negotiating skills and closing techniques.
- At least 2 consecutive years of remote work experience (mandatory)
- Education: BS in Sales Management or business-related field
The Localize platform is used by 600+ companies to automate the translation of their web and mobile applications and bring their products & services to new markets at record speed. We help companies like Ahrefs to translate their website, NYU Langone Health to translate their urgent care scheduling page, and the University of Nebraska at Kearney to translate their international admissions page. To see our product in action, click any of those links and use the website’s language switcher to switch from English to another language.
Along with your resume, send us a cover letter that showcases your personality and tells us why we should hire you. Submit your application here, or head over to Localize Careers to view all open roles.
To apply for this job please visit careers.localizejs.com.