Website MasterWord Services, Inc
MasterWord Services (MWS) provides language services solutions in over 250 languages, across four different continents. Services we provide include Translation, Localization, Onsite Interpreting, Video Remote Interpreting (VRI), and Over-the-Phone Interpreting (OPI) Services. Our clients include some of the world’s largest businesses, government entities, healthcare organizations, educational institutions and not-for-profit organizations.
We offer a competitive salary and extensive benefits package. We have a casual and relaxed, yet professional work environment where people can learn and grow with the company. We are looking for an individual to join our Training and Assessment Team as we continue to grow the business.
Manager, Training and Assessments Department
The Manager, Training and Assessments Department will spearhead the strategy and development of all training and assessment initiatives for internal staff development and as a line of service for external (client) organizations.
Position Scope will include:
· Lead and support the following training and development activities for internal staff development and as a line of service for external (client) organizations:
o Design, development and implementation of the learning and talent development process
o Alignment of performance management, succession planning, and people capability processes
o Development of coaching and mentoring programs (as needed)
o Curriculum design and needs analysis/gap management
o Follow-up evaluation, and resulting curriculum improvements and deliverables
o Development of learning aids such as handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, computer-based software, and knowledge validation tests
· Lead and support the following assessment development activities as value added and a line of service for external (client) organizations:
o Design, development and implementation of the evaluation process for bilingual staff
o Assessment design and needs analysis/gap management
Job Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Ensure alignment of company business growth strategy with comprehensive and detailed practical trainings for operating procedures and how to implementation
· Evaluate the effectiveness of training and assessment programs, assess methods, processes, and techniques
· Work closely with management to identify learning opportunities and develop appropriate training content to support company growth initiatives
· Master’s degree (M. A.) in education, instructional design, or learning, design, and technology preferred, with three to five years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Training/interpreter/translation certifications a plus.
· Must be a very strong individual contributor with hands on orientation from training manual development to program delivery.
· Must have a strong background in:
o Talent review, Identification and development of high potential talent, Performance management, Succession planning
o Project management, Designing, developing and implementing competency-based learning and development programs
o Using instructional technologies (e.g., e-learning) to increase training accessibility and reduce expense
· Ability to perform comfortably in a fast pace, flexible and dynamic entrepreneurial and deadline-oriented work environment
· Willingness to develop programs from a non-existing base to desired state within timeframe and budget
· Experience with Articulate Storyline or other eLearning publishing software is required
· Knowledge of creating materials that are 508 compliant
· Knowledge of adult learning theory
· A strong background in language services, interpretation, and/or translation is a plus.