Website Toppan Digital Language
Customer-first language solutions provider for global companies
Toppan Digital Language is a customer-first language solutions provider for global companies with high-risk, business-critical content. We are the trusted partner to some of the world’s biggest names in sectors such as life sciences and healthcare, market insights, financial and legal services—empowering them to sell and operate with confidence in any language.
Through our incredible specialist teams, leading-edge technologies and global infrastructure, we design language solutions that meet our customers’ needs at speed, at scale—securely. We are proud to be part of Toppan Inc., a world leader in content distribution whose revenues exceeded US$13.8 billion in 2021.
We also love our Mondays and celebrate our Fridays. If you want to work in an environment shaped by humility, diversity, and shared ambition, do not hesitate to reach out to us.
Reporting to the Team Coordinator, the Japanese Linguist will be a key player in the translation workflow to ensure the highest quality standards. The ideal candidate is used to dealing with CAT tools, has an excellent attention detail and is fluent in multiple languages. This is a great opportunity to work in a dynamic, creative and multicultural environment.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform specialised linguistic services, such as Translation, Proofreading or QA, across different verticals.
- Track and monitor translation quality, identify potential quality issues and incorrect trends.
- Support the PM team with short-notice and urgent requests from clients.
- Team work and collaboration with other team members across different projects.
- Mentor and assist monitoring the progress of new staff and perform reviews of the work done by other team members.
- Create, adapt and maintain a Language-specific style guide as well as other linguistic resources.
- Drive linguistic and technical initiatives and new processes to improve effectiveness and efficiency internally.
- Participate in team meetings, trainings, workshops and other ad-hoc discussions.
- Support the preparation of documentation, guidelines and training materials as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Translation/Interpretation.
- Native speaker of German, and fluent in English. Knowledge of additional languages is advantageous.
- Qualification in medical translation preferred.
- At least 1-2 years of proven experience in professional translation.
- Advanced research skills for checking terms and finding reputable terminology sources.
- Proficient working knowledge of translation management software.
- Experience in translating various file formats (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, XML, InDesign).
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills.
- Commitment to delivering high-quality, professional translations.
- Ability to focus and consistently perform translation and quality assurance tasks efficiently and to a high standard.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to manage stress and work under pressure, aiming at achieving the best balance between quality and speed.
- Ability to multitask and adapt to new challenges in a fast-paced international environment.
- Team work and collaboration skills.
Start date – Immediately
Location – London, Seville
Salary – according to experience
Toppan Digital Language is committed to equality in employment.