Website Toppan Digital Language
Customer-first language solutions provider for global companies
Toppan Digital Language is a customer-first language solutions provider for global companies with high-risk, business-critical content. We are the trusted partner to some of the world’s biggest names in sectors such as life sciences and healthcare, market insights, financial and legal services—empowering them to sell and operate with confidence in any language.
Through our incredible specialist teams, leading-edge technologies and global infrastructure, we design language solutions that meet our customers’ needs at speed, at scale—securely. We are proud to be part of Toppan Inc., a world leader in content distribution whose revenues exceeded US$13.8 billion in 2021.
We also love our Mondays and celebrate our Fridays. If you want to work in an environment shaped by humility, diversity, and shared ambition, do not hesitate to reach out to us.
Reporting to the Technology Delivery Manager, the solutions specialist will support the team’s overall goal to drive continuous improvement and refinement of Toppan Digital Language’s technology and processes, and to research, pilot, and roll out new services and procedures in order to stay ahead of the competition, and drive internal productivity.
The solutions team also offers help-desk services for internal clients, handling communication of technical changes, progress, and plans to relevant stakeholders within the business, as well as analysis and reporting on key performance indicators of the business.
The solutions team has a central role in the business, and has a great deal of influence over the way the company conducts its activities. Key relationships for the solutions manager are with the technology development team, the operations team managers, sales and marketing team members, and the finance team. On any given initiative or task co-working with cross-departmental teams may be required.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Service desk operation including bug verification and routing, reporting, liaising with relevant members of the development team, and carefully tracking, monitoring and informing everyone on open items.
- Helping the Technology Delivery Manager to test and document all new technology features as part of a strict weekly build cycle, feeding back tweaks to the development team, and circulating news of new features to keep internal teams up to date.
- Supporting the company’s machine translation programme and infrastructure, including maintaining relationships with external providers and contacts, running relevant initiatives and tasks, and keeping up to date with the latest trends and technologies in the area of MT.
- Supporting the company’s connector strategy through R&D, building relationships with relevant suppliers and teams, testing products and working on documentation.
- Supporting internal teams on technology issues and large project implementations and management, including providing technology demonstrations and running pilot projects.
- Providing consultation for TDL’s operations team to ensure optimal technology setup for client account profiles, fielding ideas that are presented, and exploring those within the solutions team.
- Providing training for relevant parts of the company on technology features and assisting in rollout programmes for new tools.
- R&D and Innovation: researching new services, technologies, and processes.
- Front-line IT support – helping funnel hardware and software issues in the office to the IT team and working with them to solve problems.
- Translation Management System configurations and setup for pricing, workflow setups, account configurations, etc.
- Creating, managing and updating key documentation and user guides on STREAM tools, processes and features.
- Supporting the rest of the solutions team.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Translation/Interpreting/Localization/Software Engineering/IT or equivalent experience.
- Fluent in English (plus preferred one or more additional languages) and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology quickly.
- 1+ years experience in translation/localization or IT consultancy/support environment focused on supporting customer onboarding to new technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with at least one of the following toolsets: CAT tools, Terminology databases, Translation Management Systems, QA tools, MT applications.
- Customer-first attitude.
- Highly organized and good project management skills.
- Self-motivated, pro-active and resourceful.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Driven and enthusiastic team player.
- Logical and systematic troubleshooting/problem-resolution approach.
- Able to work under pressure.
Start date – Immediately
Location – Madrid (Spain)
Salary – according to experience
Toppan Digital Language is committed to equality in employment.