Website Toppan Digital Language
Customer-first language solutions provider for global companies
Hello, we’re Toppan Digital Language. We’re a language solutions provider that’s enabled by tech. Our mission is to help global companies with high-risk, business-critical content sell with confidence in any language.
We aim to be the #1 localization partner for companies in life sciences and healthcare, market insights, consumer brands, financial and legal services. Our ambition is proudly backed by Toppan Inc., a worldwide leader in content distribution with a global team of more than 50,000 employees.
Operating globally, we design language solutions with the best teams and the best tech to meet our customers’ needs at speed, at scale—securely. We are obsessed with our clients’ success, and as importantly, our employees’. We want to build a reputable firm that attracts, develops, and retains exceptional talent in our industry. Our values reflect the thinking of our founders who have decades of trusted industry and localization expertise. They act as a major force in shaping our company culture: an entrepreneurial spirit that embraces a growth mindset and an ethos of inspiring excellence. We want our teams and leaders to bring their best each day!
Reporting to the Team Coordinator, the Linguist will be a key player in the translation workflow to ensure the highest quality standards. The ideal candidate is used to dealing with CAT tools, has an excellent attention detail and is fluent in multiple languages. This is a great opportunity to work in a dynamic, creative and multicultural environment.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform specialised linguistic services, such as Translation, Proofreading or QA, across different verticals.
- Track and monitor translation quality, identify potential quality issues and incorrect trends.
- Support the PM team with short-notice and urgent requests from clients.
- Team work and collaboration with other team members across different projects.
- Mentor and assist monitoring the progress of new staff and perform reviews of the work done by other team members.
- Create, adapt and maintain a Language-specific style guide as well as other linguistic resources.
- Drive linguistic and technical initiatives and new processes to improve effectiveness and efficiency internally.
- Participate in team meetings, trainings, workshops and other ad-hoc discussions.
- Support the preparation of documentation, guidelines and training materials as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Translation/Interpretation.
- Native speaker of Japanese and fluent in English. Native English speakers with a high level of
- Japanese can be considered too. Knowledge of additional languages is advantageous.
- Qualification in medical translation preferred.
- Advanced research skills for checking terms and finding reputable terminology sources
- Proficient working knowledge of translation management software
- Experience in translating various file formats (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, XML, InDesign)
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills
- Commitment to delivering high-quality, professional translations
- Ability to focus and consistently perform translation and quality assurance tasks efficiently and to a high standard
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to manage stress and work under pressure, aiming at achieving the best balance between quality and speed
- Ability to multitask and adapt to new challenges in a fast-paced international environment
- Team work and collaboration skills.
Toppan Digital Language is committed to equality in employment.