Website Toppan Digital Language
Customer-first language solutions provider for global companies
Hello, we’re Toppan Digital Language. We’re a language solutions provider that’s enabled by tech. Our mission is to help global companies with high-risk, business-critical content sell with confidence in any language.
We aim to be the #1 localization partner for companies in life sciences and healthcare, market insights, consumer brands, financial and legal services. Our ambition is proudly backed by Toppan Inc., a worldwide leader in content distribution with a global team of more than 50,000 employees.
Operating globally, we design language solutions with the best teams and the best tech to meet our customers’ needs at speed, at scale—securely. We are obsessed with our clients’ success, and as importantly, our employees’. We want to build a reputable firm that attracts, develops, and retains exceptional talent in our industry. Our values reflect the thinking of our founders who have decades of trusted industry and localization expertise. They act as a major force in shaping our company culture: an entrepreneurial spirit that embraces a growth mindset and an ethos of inspiring excellence. We want our teams and leaders to bring their best each day!
Reporting to the Team Coordinator, the Localization and Testing Intern will provide support in the localization workflow to ensure the highest quality standards. The ideal candidate has some knowledge of CAT tools, has an excellent attention to detail and is fluent in two or more languages. This is a great opportunity to work in a dynamic, creative, and multicultural environment.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform overlay of translated content into HTML format or other exported scripted file and testing of final translated surveys online, following internal procedures and compiling relevant logs.
- Develop a strong understanding of scripted files and their internal structure, including HTML, logic, piping and main functions.
- Perform Quality Assurance checks of overlay tasks completed by other linguists, as required, and of documents such as market research questionnaires, open-ended responses, product profiles and other documentation in areas such as medical & pharma, consumer, marketing and others.
- Meet role-specific objectives within company-set KPIs for productivity outputs, on-time and quality deliveries, non-conformance and administrative tasks.
- Work closely and diligently with Project Management, Linguist and Quality Assurance teams to ensure timely and high-quality deliveries.
- Monitor performance of resources and provide feedback where required.
- Participate in team meetings and training sessions as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Translation/Interpretation or equivalent.
- Fluent English; fluent/advanced level in third language advantageous.
- Familiarity with HTML (previous experience working with XMLs/XLATEs advantageous).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Commitment to delivering high quality work.
- Ability to focus and to consistently perform tasks efficiently and to a high standard.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced client-driven environment.
- Ability to multitask and to adapt to new challenges.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written).
- Ability to build and maintain relationships in a professional manner.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Strong skills in MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Toppan Digital Language is committed to equality in employment.