Website Toppan Digital Language
Customer-first language solutions provider for global companies
Toppan Digital Language is a customer-first language solutions provider for global companies with high-risk, business-critical content. We are the trusted partner to some of the world’s biggest names in sectors such as life sciences and healthcare, market insights, financial and legal services—empowering them to sell and operate with confidence in any language.
Through our incredible specialist teams, leading-edge technologies and global infrastructure, we design language solutions that meet our customers’ needs at speed, at scale—securely. We are proud to be part of Toppan Inc., a world leader in content distribution whose revenues exceeded US$13.8 billion in 2021.
We also love our Mondays and celebrate our Fridays. If you want to work in an environment shaped by humility, diversity, and shared ambition, do not hesitate to reach out to us.
Reporting to the VP Service Delivery, the Localization Engineer will be a key player in the service delivery of localization operations to our customers. This role will support the project managers with preparation of localization packages and creation of tools to automate processes. Additionally, they will be a key part of the team to maintain standards and knowledge of CAT application within the company. The ideal candidate is used to dealing with file preparation tasks and back-conversion for a variety of file formats and with multiple different CAT applications. This is a great opportunity to work in a dynamic, creative and multicultural environment.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processing data types across all languages to create translation packages for Project Managers and linguists to ensure translatable content is captured and target files as successfully generated.
- Support and maintenance of localization technology applications.
- Assisting with project prepping: analysing files to be translated/localized and providing accurate estimations to Project Managers.
- Researching new and existing tools and products in the industry and expand the team’s knowledge.
- Training new and existing employees on using translation tools.
- Update and manage work instructions relating to CAT tool functions.
- Review workflows periodically to ensure most streamlined translation technology processes, methodologies and tools are in use.
- Development of tools in C#, VBA or Python for commonly executed localization preparation steps.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree (BA, BS) and/or degree in Translation/Localization/Software.
- Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Fluent in English (plus preferred one or more additional languages).
- 2+ years of experience in localization engineering.
- Experience with CAT tools, Terminology databases, DTP applications.
- Knowledge in tools for software and website localization, parser and macro creation, creation and compilation of Help and programming languages is a plus.
- Experience in preparing content for localization in the following formats: XML, HTML, INDD, DITA, JSON, Java properties, SRT, PO and Microsoft Office formats with or without embedded content. Knowledge of other formats is a plus.
- Able to apply regular expressions and confidently operate mark-up language as well as experience in application of C#, VBA or Python.
- Ability to take initiative in resolving queries/issues.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Proactive and flexible team player.
Start date – Immediately
Location – United States
Salary – according to experience
Toppan Digital Language is committed to equality in employment.