Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your personal data
- What personal data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your personal data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal data — any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing — any operation or set of operations that is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data.
Data subject — a natural person whose personal data is being processed.
Child — a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) — MultiLingual Media LLC.
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before processing personal data. We will provide you with information regarding processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our processing activities fit the purpose for which personal data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and process the minimal amount of personal data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s Rights
The data subject (that’s you) has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your personal data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your personal data gathered. Refer to our Privacy Tools page to inquire about your data or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your personal data to be erased from our records. Refer to our Privacy Tools page to ask for your data to be deleted or email to email@example.com.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to processing of your personal data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your personal data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for processing of your personal data. Email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org to adjust or withdraw consent you may have given in the past.
Data We Gather
Information you have provided us with
This might be your email address, name, billing address, author bio, phone number or photograph. We only collect information/data that is necessary for delivering you a product or service you have consented to. Consent options are included at the bottom of each form that gathers personal data. If you send us information by email for a specific purpose, we legally interpret consent to use that data only to that purpose. We save the information you provide us with in a secure central database.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes data that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your IP address and browsing history is recorded to personalize your customer experience.
Information from our partners
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them to directly or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds. See the list of our partners here.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available in order to provide the services you have signed up for. For example, when your email address no longer works but you wish to receive special offers from us, we could source your new email address from public sources like LinkedIn or your company website and update this in our database.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We use your personal data in order to:
- Provide our service to you. This includes for example registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- Enhance your customer experience
- Fulfill an obligation under law or contract
We use your personal data on legitimate grounds and/or with your consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To identify you
- To provide you a service or to send/offer you a product
- To communicate either for sales or invoicing
On the ground of legitimate interest, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To send you personalized offers from MultiLingual Media LLC, based on consent or implied interest
- To administer and analyze our client base in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products and services offered
- To allow companies whose White Paper you have requested to follow up with you
- To request occasional feedback concerning client satisfaction
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we shall offer you products and services that are similar or same to your recorded interest.
With your consent we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To send you newsletters and campaign offers from us. You can easily unsubscribe from these emails at any time at the bottom of the email or adjust your email preferences at multilingual.com/email-preferences
- For other purposes we have asked your consent for