Following the elections for the 2023-2025 board, which took place early this year, the new ELRA board largely consists of new members.
Khalid Choukri, ELRA secretary general, is pleased to introduce the new ELRA Board and would like to congratulate all the newly elected Officers and Members.
Simon Krek, Jožef Stefan Institute, President (new)
Teresa Lynn, MBZUAI, Vice-President (new)
Francesca Frontini, ILC-CNR, Secretary (new)
Aline Villacencio, Sheffield University, Treasurer (new)
- Nancy Ide, Vassar College (new)
- Petya Osenova, IICT-BAS
- Patrick Paroubek, LISN (new)
- German Rigau, HITZ, Representative of the individual members
- Sakriani Sakti, JAIST (new)
Honorary Presidents and Secretary General
- António Branco, FCUL, Honorary President (new)
- Nicoletta Calzolari, ILC-CNR, Honorary President
- Joseph Mariani, LIMSI-CNRS, Honorary President
- Khalid Choukri, ELDA CEO, ELRA Secretary General
Thank you to the outgoing Board Members and Officers for their continuous involvement over the years:
- Simonetta Montemagni (former ELRA Vice-President)
- Gilles Adda
- Nuria Bel
- Tatjana Gornostaja
- Piek Vossen
For more details on the board, click here.
The European Language Resources Association is a non-profit-making organization founded by the European Commission in 1995, with the mission of providing a clearing house for language resources and promoting human language technologies. Language resources covering various fields of HLT (including multimodal, speech, written, terminology) and a great number of languages are available from the ELRA catalogue.
ELRA’s strong involvement in the fields of language resources and language technologies is also emphasized at the LREC conference, which is organized every other year since 1998. To find out more about ELRA, please visit the website: http://www.elra.info
Follow us on Twitter: @ELRANews