Localization Technology Partners (LTP), based in Silicon Valley and founded by localization veteran Brian McConnell, is now offering localization program management as a service for startup and scale-up companies. McConnell built out the localization and internationalization teams at leading internet brands like Notion, Lyft and Medium, and created this new offering to enable small to mid-sized businesses to expand into new regions and languages.
McConnell noted, “One of the things I have seen at nearly every company I worked for is that they had no prior experience with localization, lots of tech debt, and they struggled to staff it.”
LTP will provide companies with a turnkey localization program, and enable clients to put a more junior person on the project while also de-risking it. LTP’s offering includes the following services for a flat monthly fee:
- Sourcing language technology and service providers that are a good fit for the customer’s use case.
- Training EPD (engineering, product and design) staff on design and coding patterns.
- Day to day language ops (Lang Ops).
- We work with product and design teams to identify areas where the product itself can be enhanced with translation or multilingual features.
- We work with senior management to identify the languages and regions to prioritize.
Customers will own their relationships with the vendors LTP sources, so they can bring their program in house as they grow.