The Globalization and Localization Association (GALA) is honored to announce the results of the Board Elections 2024-2025 term. The GALA Board of Directors is comprised of volunteer members who are elected by the GALA membership to serve for two-year terms. Their mandate is to set the association’s strategic direction.
We had ten highly qualified candidates representing GALA’s diverse community running for three open positions. After a record voter turnout of 232 votes submitted, we are delighted to welcome the following three candidates to the Board:
- Britta Aagard, Chief Business Officer, Semantix [elected for second term]
- Johan Sporre, Engineering Manager Global Language Services, IKEA Retail (Ingka Group)
- Paulo Pereira Guimarães, Managing Director, Inside Language Solutions
They will be joining the current directors:
- Edith Bendermacher, Director of Globalization Strategy and Localization Operations, NetApp
- Dave Ruane, Digital Content and Partnerships Manager, XTM International
- Jose Palomares, Director of Localization, Coupa Software
- Shirley Yeng, Chief Strategy Officer, Successglo Pte. Ltd.
We also want to offer a sincere and heartfelt thank you to the two Board members that completed their final term in 2023: María Jesús de Arriba Díaz (Senior Manager, Global Language Services at Workday) and Patrick Nunes (Director, Global Communications & Design at Rotary International). María and Patrick have been dedicated Board volunteers for four years, guiding the association through an international pandemic, a return to in-person events, shifting strategic priorities, and the AI explosion.