What exactly do we mean when we talk about ethical, sustainable business in the language services industry?
How can you build and grow a successful business while doing good for the environment, your team, your clients, and your suppliers? What do diversity, equity and inclusion mean in our multicultural and multilingual context?
This is what we’ll be unpicking at the Ethical Business Summit in London on 21-22 September 2023.
The Ethical Business Summit is organised by the UK’s Association of Translation Companies in collaboration with the EUATC to bring language service company owners and managers from across the UK, Europe and the world together with sustainability experts and language service buyers to discuss topical issues in a rapidly changing industry.
Join 170 industry peers to understand how you can add value, do the right thing, and future-proof your business for growth.
Dates: Thursday 21 to Friday 22 September 2023
Location: South Bank, London
- Keynote: What is sustainable business? With business sustainability experts Claire & Garth Dallas
- Buyer panel: hear it from the clients! With what3words, Expedia, WIPO, and Crown Commercial Services
- Sustainability case studies, with AJT and Comtec Translations
- Publication of the 2023 UK Language Industry Report, with Nimdzi Insights
Blogs on ethical, sustainable business
In the run-up to the event, we asked our speakers and other industry leaders to share their take on themes around ethical, sustainable business practices.
- Read about the concept of Social Value and what it means to our industry by John Devery, Commercial Lead for Language Services at the UK’s largest public service procurement organisation, Crown Commercial Service.
- Explore the complex ethical and sustainability issues occupying the suppliers at the heart of the translation industry with Dr Joseph Lambert from Cardiff University.
- Get inspired by a language service company’s B Corp journey by James Brown, Head of Commercial at Comtec Translations.
- Understand our collective responsibility in fighting translation scams by Kaori and James Myatt from Word Connection.
Continue the discussion at the Ethical Business Summit!