The Canadian Language Industry Association (CLIA) will host its annual conference at McGill University in Montreal on Thursday May 25, 2023. For those who cannot attend in-person, virtual tickets are available at a special low rate. The event is open to non-members as well as members.
This year, the event promises to be bigger and better than ever as CLIA celebrates its 20th anniversary. To mark the milestone, CLIA has assembled a stellar line-up of speakers and presentations – all of which will be available online to virtual ticket holders for the low price of $150.00 CDN.
Event speakers include:
- Renato Beninatto, Chairman and Co-Founder, Nimdzi
- Florian Faes, Managing Director, Slator
- Dr. Arle Lommel, Director of Data Services, Common Sense Advisory
- Dominic Laporte, CEO, The Translation Bureau
- María Muñoz, Sales Consultant, Plunet
- Sandra Paulini, Head of Americas, MemoQ
- Jean-Francois Richard, CEO, Terminotix
Attendees can expect impactful discussions on a range of issues, including ChatGPT and its AI siblings, public and private procurement in the language industry, sector challenges and opportunities, and language industry intelligence. Many of the panels will speak to issues of interest to a non-Canadian audience.
The Canadian Language Industry Association (formerly AILIA) is a not-for-profit trade association whose mission is to promote and increase the competitiveness of the Canadian language industry nationally and globally through advocacy, accreditation, and information sharing.
For more information on the upcoming CLIA Conference, or to register, visit CLIA’s event page.